Monday, March 14, 2011

What Next?

I feel like I am in limbo on my community blog site! While the people there remain generally courteous, and the critique of fellow writers is both thought provoking and inspiring, I feel very out-of-place. Either I like something or I don't, and that opinion doesn't help anyone improve their writing (which is 1/2 my purpose for being there). I read other's criticisms and many times I can see the value of their input; I just don't think of those things myself. I am still reading and trying to give valid input, but I find it difficult. There are no comments on my contest entry and I will not find out about that until the 23rd of March. Given these circumstances, I am not quite sure what kind of an expert I will become, nor what I will have expertise in! I think I will try to get on two more times this week and write something in other areas on the site. There is one area that has a ten minute free write and edit. I wonder if it is cheating to write on this site what has already been rolling around in my head for several days...

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like an assignment that was supposed to be somewhat fun is not. I am glad that your not giving up. I can tell that you have a big passion for writing. I hope the experience gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry this has become such a stressful assignment. I know you love writing. I have two students in my Science class that ask me to read their writing daily. They would thrive in an environment that gives them constructive feedback. Oh, and no I don't think it would be wrong to write what ever you want on your site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danielle & Kristin,

    Thank you both so much for your compassion and encouragement! I think this, like everything else, has its ups and downs; right now its down. I will stick with this site at least until this class is over, but whatever happens, it has been good for me because if I don't stay here I think I will persue writing elsewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry to hear that your blog experience isn't going as great as you would like. I say keep writing and don't give up. Sometimes people just loose track of the online world. I can certainly say that a lot of the time in all the work stuff and other school stuff I loose track of the online world....As far as the free write I say go for it! It's what you are thinking and even if it's not that very second, why not get it out.

    ReplyDelete