Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Very Interesting...

I went onto my community blog today and found out that 24 people have read something I have written without one comment. I discovered someone else had 106 people view his or her writing with only three comments. This knowledge makes me feel much better about not having anyone respond to me, although it remains difficult to feel part of a community where there is little or no interaction. I still have not figured out how to tell how many people have viewed my contest entry, however, I will know something soon enough because today the voting starts! They broke the voting up into two groups of stories; I am in the second group. I am fine with this, I just don't know whose story to vote for! Though I have read a couple stories that I really like, I am partial to my own (do not know the protocol for voting on your own story:). I have a week to figure this out as voting closes on March 30. I discovered something else today. Under my sign-in name I have been given the designation "pencil pusher", and under that it says, "official member". I have no idea how or when I became an official member and how I got the designation of "pencil pusher".  It is strange to become an official member of a community when I have no idea how I accomplished this! Obladee, Oblada, life goes on La!... (must I site the Beatles for this?...)

3 comments:

  1. Wow Darlene, I admire your courage in entering a contest. I think it's awesome you prefer your story. You should like what you write, if you didn't why should anyone else. Did you pose a question to your online community? If so, I don't get why more people aren't offering you a response. By the way I love your choice of background for you blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your heart Christa!

    This is the most encouraging thing I've read in a while (apart from scripture:) Thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your story. I didn't know you blogged. I also have a blog on here but I haven't shared it with anybody and I NEVER get any responses. I kind of use it therapeutically (sp?), kind of thinking about things. It's "Ginger Sue Who" if you're interested. I think I don't always tell anybody because I'm not sure I want some of my family or friends to know but .....I don't know, anyway....good story. Good for you going back to school too.

    ReplyDelete