Sunday, September 23, 2012

musing...



The Book of Life
Recently my phone became inoperable and I needed to get another one, but did not have the money and it was not time to renew my plan. I soon learned that my son had a half dozen old phones lying around and he was happy to let me have one. There were a lot of phone numbers in there belonging to people I had never heard of and many numbers belonging to people I was somewhat acquainted with, but I had no relationship with them.  Delete, delete, delete...

As I began to delete these names and numbers from the phone I thought about God’s Book of Life.  I had long marveled at Moses’ request to God to blot his name out of the Book of Life before He blotted out the names of the people of Israel (see Exodus 32:31-33). According to Scripture it seems the book is already written; the names are already there.  God calls everyone, but many do not answer and have no relationship with Him.

My sins are blotted out by the blood of His Son so that my name will not be blotted out before Him! What a wonderful God. What He has done for me, He wants to do for you. He is not waiting for you to get it right so He can write your name in; He is waiting for you to acknowledge His righteousness so He will not have to blot it out! He loves you! I hope you know this.

Revelation 3:5
"He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

Revelation 3:20
"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door,
I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment