Sunday, April 1, 2012

A New Twist

I have been married to the same man for thirty-two and a half years now, and for thirty-two and a half years I have reacted to his being angry and/or upset the same way (it has never gone well for us). Today was different. I bought the wrong size pretzels after work Friday (I am making a skeleton with them), so I asked my hubby to go get me the right kind as he needed to go to the store anyway (I am sick). I do not want to tell the whole story because he was inspired to do so and I want to share his version here. I think this is precious:


LADIES, if you have a special project and don't have all the ingredients, then might I suggest you don't send your husband (like my wife did me), because invariably he will return with the wrong items. A case in point, "THE PRETZEL DILEMA". After church this morning I went to Wal-mart for some things, one item in particular (my wife's request) was a bag of twisted pretzels. I arrived at the chip aisle, saw a 98 cent bag of big fat salted pretzels and I bought them. I know she wrote down twisted (and she even drew me a picture), but my brain said big fat salted pretzels (or maybe it was saying, only 98 cents). Well to my dismay, after arriving home, I was informed by my lovely wife that I got the wrong pretzels. Well of course I was indignant about the whole thing (SORRY BABE). So I ate lunch, went to Rite Aide, went to the chip aisle and found no pretzels. Well I asked the Lord to please give me a break and low and behold He did. There was 1 bag of twisted pretzels, so I bought them. I thanked the Lord and went on my merry way. It was a short lived victory. When I learned that the pretzels were the wrong size, I nearly had a complete melt down (SORRY BABE). So I was on my way to store #3, Target, where I found pretzels galore, they had big fat salted ones in five different brands, 3 sizes of twisted to choose from, salted and unsalted, with or without cheese; I was in pretzel heaven. I bought 2 bags of different size TWISTED pretzels, just to make sure. In short, IT TOOK ME 3 STORES, 3 HOURS and 5 BAGS OF PRETZELS, to solve, "THE PRETZEL DILEMA", thank God!
I do thank God for "THE PRETZEL DILEMA". Although it did not please me to see my husband so distressed, my husband and I had a good laugh over this afterword, and we did not fight! God works in mysterious ways when conforming each of us to His own image. How blessed I am to see the man that loves me. 

Matthew 7:3 & 5b And why do you look at the speck in your bother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?...First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

1 comment:

  1. First to Steve..I am so very proud of you, and absolutely loved your "story of confession"..I laughed so much at your humor and it just made the whole episode so very enduring!!
    Darlene, dear Darlene, "Now you've got it! You're seeing those grapes between the grapevine." hmmmm.. where have you heard those words before?? ha ha
    I truly think that both of you have shared testimonies that have really made our Savior shine, and I, for one, appreciate your honesty and humbleness..our God is, indeed, an awesome God !! I love you both so very much...

    ReplyDelete