Monday, February 13, 2012

Trouble on the Path


It was Saturday, November 18, 2011. Steve and I were watching our grandsons while their parents were at a couple's retreat. I had taken the boys and the dogs out for a walk in the desert. This time, the walk did not go so well.

Camden ran far ahead of us this time and would not stop or come back when I called. For a moment, I was scared; if I did not act quickly he would soon be out of my view. I would not be able to catch him if I carried Keegan and Keegan could not keep up with me. I made my decision.

I left Keegan where he was and ran after Camden (I knew Keegan would stay where he was and wait for my return). I got Camden and quickly walked him back to where Keegan was waiting. Lowering myself to Camden's eye level I explained to him, "Camden, you can run all over this desert, but when granny says come, you come! Do you understand?" Camden replied, "I don wanna stan!" "Then you will hold my hand", I replied.

Camden whimpered softly as we held hands and walked back toward home. After a short time, I let him try again, and this time, he obeyed.

Matthew 18:12 "What do you think? If a man has a hundred sheep,
and one of them goes astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine
and go to the mountains to seek the one that is straying?

Psalm 32:9 Do not be like the horse [or] like the mule, [Which] have no understanding,
Which must be harnessed with bit and bridle, Else they will not come near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment